7/26/09

I guess this would be the part where we totally start from scratch.

The more I think about it, the more I realize that moving into a building with a shitty reputation is pretty objectively stupid. I'm sure that wherever we move will have some sort of flaw that we discover after living there - but picking an apartment that you already know is potentially incredibly flawed? That just seems dumb. And it would be really sad to eventually say "I told you so" to ourselves.

So I guess it's time to scrap the apartment, scrap our broker, and start fresh. This makes me want to fucking destroy something - but I don't think there's really another option. Sure, my brain has finally reached the point at which thinking about apartment-hunting triggers an immediate psychophysical reaction that probably lies somewhere between enraged frustration and emotional meltdown. But who doesn't love a good emotional meltdown? Screw my psychological stability - bring on the real estate!

I'd feel a lot more positive about this whole thing if I thought there was any chance of getting a place by August 1st, which is the move-in date we've been planning all along. But, given that today is July 26th (and that applying for a lease has taken a freakishly long time and been a catastrophe unto itself every single time), that probably isn't going to happen.

I would also feel more positive if I had a job ... but that's a separate failure. Why did I take an unpaid summer internship? Man do I feel stupid about that.

No comments: