7/16/09

Essential decor.

Since the apartment-hunt began, I've been making a mental list of things I'll need to buy for the new place. Since we're inheriting a lot of furniture and miscellaneous housewares from various family members, the list is pretty short - my main priorities for now are 1) a bed to sleep in, 2) a mattress to put on said bed, and 3) sheets to put on top of that.

But after a lot of thought, I realized that I was forgetting something absolutely essential.

And that is an N64.

I understand that this whole process of moving out/getting a job/working toward an advanced degree is supposed to be part of the so-called maturity effort - but I don't think that video games are necessarily an indication of immaturity. In fact, Mario Kart contains subtleties and high-level nuances that might be lost on the ignorant gamer. Also, Mario Kart goes great with beer. And I fucking love it. And I'm going to find it somehow.

So I'll be taking the rest of this workday to peruse Craigslist and Ebay for abandoned consoles. If anyone out there is looking to rid themselves of their frat-boy shenanigans and put their N64 up for adoption ... I will gladly purchase the remains of your undergraduate glory.

Seriously, hit me up. It's been a while since my last Grand Prix and I'm pretty sure my thumbs are getting out of shape.

No comments: