9/26/09

Back, and with positive news.

So, it's been a while since I posted anything new. Apparently going to school and looking for jobs is sort of time consuming, which makes it hard to do so while also blogging about it. But, it's the weekend, and I've hit a temporary moment of peace and quiet - so I am taking a breath and updating my loyal readers (hi, Mom!) with the newest details of my scintillating lifestyle.

1) Jobs

I have some. In the long term, I got a part-time gig assisting an artist in her studio in Bushwick (hope I don't have to work after dark!). The hourly pay rate is good, and it'll be nice to get back to doing more artsy-fartsy things now that I'm pretty much stuck in Adobe land for good.

In the short term, I'm also working two temporary freelance jobs - one laying out a book in InDesign, and one designing promotional materials for a custom motorcycle shop in Williamsburg (one of these jobs will be substantially more fun than the other). They're only one-time gigs, but they pay pretty well and will definitely help bring in some extra cash in addition to my part-time job.

So, I can cool down the crazy job search for now. I'll probably want to look for more freelance gigs once those two are done - but at least I can rest assured that I am, in fact, worth hiring. And there are sources of income in my very near future.

(And as for the bartending job - the powers that be have ceased to contact me. Should I just ignore them or harass them for being stupid awful liars? I'm undecided).

2) School

Is awesome. I actually enjoy my classes and don't fall asleep during them. This is more than I can say for much of my undergraduate education.

3) The Apartment

I think we're finally furnished and settled. We've got a dining table and chairs, and we finally got the TV hooked up for cable (which also means that we have internet - hooray). Save for some painting and picture hanging, I think we're finally moved in.

No comments: